Friday, July 2, 2010

Quiet

Things are changing a lot right now, and you know my feelings on change. Although this set of changes is beautiful and welcome and a long time coming, I've been discombobulated and have had a hard time finding my own words lately. They've been overshadowed by the re-definition of everything around me - rediscovering music has been a particular obsession: some lyrics, long loved and hoped for, finally ring true while old standbys are suddenly strangers, which is endlessly fascinating to me... but inevitably, this lends too much credit and meaning to the words of others. So, it's been a little while since an insta-poem has visited me - but in the quiet of this evening, it's a refreshing feeling. Suggestions are welcome.



Being a solid ball of light is hardly ever easy.
Liquid energy rushing within, seeking escape;
I’m full of bees, and believe me, making honey is taxing work.
Mercifully, you instill total calm because it’s what you need from me,
and therefore what I need from you.
Like pouring smoke on a hive, the buzzing stops.

July 2, 2010

3 comments:

  1. "Mercifully, you instill total calm because it’s what you need from me,
    and therefore what I need from you."

    Beautiful. What a wonderful place to be! Make a reckoning of it...daily! And poems are a great way to do just that! Keep 'em coming (but keep some secret--which I know you already are!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favorite of the things I've read from you. I'm jealous of so many lines in this little masterpiece, but in particular line 3 and 6. What a beautiful way to describe this new 'buzzing' in your life. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with 717, I think this is your best yet.

    ReplyDelete